About 15 or so years ago, I remember having this amazing penne pasta, sausage & pepperoni dish at Florentine’s in San Jose, CA. This is my version of it. Not exactly the healthiest thing ever, but it hits the spot about once a month or so!
- 1 16 oz. Package Penne Pasta
- 1 26 oz. Jar Spaghetti Sauce (or make your own from scratch)
- 1 Package Stick Pepperoni. I use the Hormel 2-pack.
- 1 Lb ground Italian Sausage
- 16 oz. Mozzerella Cheese
- Cook pasta according to instructions. Drain.
- While pasta is cooking, brown sausage until cooked thoroughly. Drain any excess grease.
- Cut Pepperoni sticks in half lengthwise. Then cut each length into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Mix pasta, pepperoni, ground beef and sauce together. (I don’t heat my pasta sauce.)
- Put pasta mixture into a 13×9 casserole dish sprayed with PAM.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake in preheated 350° oven for 25 – 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and casserole is hot.